Us

Us

Friday, July 9, 2010

4th Anniversary

Yesterday (July 8) was our 4 year wedding anniversary and to celebrate we are going to Chicago next week for a long weekend. We scheduled this back in March and have been looking forward to it all this time. Since I am starting the full-time one year nursing program in Aug, we decided this would be the perfect time for some sightseeing and rest. The downside is little Reegan is staying here with our parents. I know I am very anxious and sad to leave her, but I'm pretty sure our Parents can't wait for us to leave so they can have her all to themselves :)

When packing for Tennessee, I realized how much more time consuming it is getting a baby packed up. Even though she is staying in town, there is so much to get together. She is currently taking a nice, long nap so I used this time to start organizing. My first priority was digging through the freezer to get her milk all together. I was really nervous that I wouldn't have enough stored up, but after getting it all together I don' think I need to worry. I knew getting up in the middle of the night while my baby slept was going to pay off...

I know formula isn't bad, but I am taking breastfeeding very seriously and do NOT want to have to give her formula yet. Maybe in a few months, but not yet. I also thought that while we were in Chicago, I would have to dump everything that I pump, but I called the hotel yesterday and they said they would put a mini-fridge in our room for me to store it. They also said that I could use a freezer as well! Now I am feeling much more positive about it all...however carting around a pump for 4 days is less enticing.

Alright, thats enough from me! I have posted more cute pics of Reegan, because who are we kidding, we all know thats the reason you check this blog out :)


Getting ready to go for a swim with Daddy...
I found my toes... now thats all I play with when laying on my back!
I'm just going to close my eyes for a little while...

1 comment:

Just Jana said...

Wow, great work getting all that milk stored up! Looks like you have nothing to worry about! You are my hero. Reegan looks ADORABLE in her swim suit! :)