Us

Us

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

changes

The Heine Family is going through some changes.  Some good, others are not bad but more trying and a little frustrating.  For starters, the past 2 years Jason and I have been working towards this goal of me finishing school and entering the workforce again.  Now, I am a mere 2 1/2 months away from graduation.  It is so exciting, but I am slowly getting nervous about what is to come...capstone placement (where I am paired up with a nurse and I work their shifts with their full patient load), passing the national certification, and finding a job.  Mt last term started this past Monday and I thought it would be easy and all down hill from here, we only have 1 test and it is open book.  Wow, was I wrong. Instead they gave us a million papers and 3 group projects.

This week I made some adjustments to my schedule, a sort of mid-year New Year's Resolution.  I not only wake up every morning by 5:45 (I know I know, it's not that early, but we like to sleep in as late as possible) and work out before I go to school.  I also decided to start planning out meals and making dinner again.  My domestic skills have gone a little downhill over the past few months.  Nothing too fancy, but we had mini meatloafs last night, italian sausage and red beans and rice tonight, salmon tomorrow night, and greek chicken on Friday!  I even roasted a ton of veggies for dinners the next couple of nights and for Reegan.  Poor thing eats the same veggies just about every night for dinner, its no wonder she is getting bored of them.  Jason was not too excited about the brussel sprouts, his exact words were "who buys brussel sprouts?"  I do, I buy brussel sprouts.  We've never eaten them before, so we're going to given them a try.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Onto the not as good changes.  We have entered the toddler stage.  Reegan is trying to be as independant as she can at only 15 months.  She is throwing tantrums and doing just what we told her not to!  Time out is becoming a regular event.  I am even tempted to breakdown and read a parenting book.  Now, I love to read, but am not the parenting book type of person.  All kids are different, so I just don't feel one book can cover all children.  Plus, I know Reegs the best, so I should be able to find the right discipline plan that fits her right?  I still think this is true, but I am beginning to believe that I could use some help.  We'll see, I am not going to go get a book tomorrow, but I could be heading that way...

Until then, is it too much to ask for a little more of this every now and then...

2 comments:

The Frenchs said...

Jess...this post is totally me. The struggle to be a healthy mom, providing good dinners for my fam and dealing tantrums...yikes. It's tough. But I'm totally with ya and can't wait to catch up soon.

audrey said...

i love that picture of reegan. hands behind her head...so cute! you're a freakin' all-star. work, meals, raising a naughty chicken little...wowzers. george is already starting to test the waters with being naughty. i'm waiting for the tantrums. keep us posted on what you're doing that works with reegan. i'll need some tips!!