Us

Us

Thursday, October 13, 2011

20 Months

Someone little, now not so little, has turned 20 months old.  I haven't done the monthly updates for a while, but 20 hit me kinda hard.  That is almost 2 years....Where has the time gone?  Our lives have changed drastically and we love it (mostly :).  We are in earlier in the evenings, but we're saving money right?  Our daily plans revolve around the noon nap and we always have snacks with us!

Somedays I still think of Reegan as my little baby.  She loves to cuddle and gives hugs and kisses to us, the dogs, and her stuffed animals.  She is very sweet and loving.  Other days, I feel like she is 7 years old.  Very independent and I'm amazed at everything she is learning on a daily basis.  She wants to feed herself, bathe herself, and dress herself.  The issue is that she can't do all of those yet, so we still have to help her.

I do not know how much she weighs or how tall she is, but at our last Dr appointment she was 50%ile for both.  She does have a long torso and not as long legs (takes after me), so buying clothes for her is a complete toss-up for what size she will need.  She still has that belly that sticks out a little, which is so cute!  Reegan is a great sleeper at night, 11-12 hours and sometimes will sleep until close to 9 if we let her...naps are not as great, usually 1 1/2 hours.  I'm afraid that the naps may disappear before Jason and I are ready for them too.  I don't know if we are ever going transition her into a regular bed, because I am afraid that she will never sleep if we do.  We'll probably find her reading books to herself at 4am.

Reegan is a good eater, but we have been going through stages of her deciding that she doesn't like something that she liked 2 days earlier.  She also likes to eat things whole instead of me cutting it up.  Somethings I give-in (bananas) and others that I don't.  Reegan also has a favorite chore (is it a chore if she likes doing it?), first thing in the morning and before she will eat dinner, Reegan feeds the dogs.  She is so proud when she picks up Bella's bowl and carries it over to the food container for us to fill it up. 

Reegan is a funny little thing too.  She will do something or say something and if we laugh she gets a huge grin on her face and will do it again and again.  She loves to read, draw pictures, play outside, and doing anything that will get a reaction out of us!  It's not hard to do, because everything (well most things) that she does is so cute and great!       

No comments: