Us

Us

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Little Man

We went to the doctor this week and this little man is growing perfect.  He seems so old and so much like a new baby all at the same time.  He is the perfect fit in our family and has found his place nicely.  
At 4 months and 1 week, Gavin weighs 16 pounds, 10 ounces.  Much to my surprise that is only the 72%ile.  He is 26 inches tall, 88%ile and his head is 11%ile. 
Gavin now has 2 teeth and more may be poking their way in.  He drools all the time and constantly has his hands or some toy in his mouth.  We have not started on baby cereal, I was hoping to wait until 6 months, but were taking it week by week since Gavin is aware of food and watches us like a hawk while we eat.
He is the one of the happiest babies I know.  We had a rough week or so at the beginning but after learning his cues, he is the best.  Loves to go to bed early, usually 6:45 he becomes fussy and is ready to eat and goes to sleep right after.  This also means that he wakes up around 7:00.  Reegan likes to sleep until 8 or 8:30 usually therefore Gavin and I have some good alone time in the morning (aka he stares at me while I eat my breakfast :)  He is SO ticklish and laughs and talks all day long.
Reegan likes to help with caring for Gavin, wants to hold him, give him his pacifier, gives him his toys to chew on and she talks to him.  Melts my heart.  My favorite part of every day is seeing them together, seeing their relationship grow.  His patience with her is amazing.  Recently Reegan told me that she would give Gavin a bottle and that she wanted to carry his carseat to the car.  Sister is growing up!

No comments: