Us

Us

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I heard a quote that is so true to my life right now.  The days are long but the years are short.  Some days the time moves so slowly and other days I can't believe its dinner time.  I always have more planned for my days than time allows.  I've been struggling to document our everyday.  Those wonderful, special things the kids are doing that 10 years down the road, I will probably have forgotten even though I am willing myself not to. 
 
Gavin- he is the cutest. sweetest thing.  He is growing up so fast and wants to be a big boy. 
 If he watches it happen, he wants to try and do it himself.

 Legos are a part of our every afternoon (and most mornings and evenings). One of them will drag them out of their hiding place, Reegan dumps them and then they entertain themselves for an hour.  Gavin often can be found taking them to other rooms and leaving them there.  I found some in my bathroom yesterday and in his laundry hamper. 

Gavin has 14 teeth and every toy goes in his mouth.
Reegan is my mini-me.  Every word out of my mouth is repeated back to me when I am least expecting.  We were driving in the car and I was slower than Reegan would have liked when the light turned green.  Not only did she tell me it was green now, but she also told me I needed to pay attention.  3 going on 16... 
We've been spending time outdoors, I can't believe that the summer is almost over.  Fall is my favorite time of year, but wow.  This summer flew by.  I love that Gavin is now able to play outside.  He can walk around, ride with Reegan.  Chalk is not his thing, he thinks chalk is for eating not coloring.  It makes it harder for me, no more reading magazines while I watch Reegan play and Gavin naps like I did last summer :) 


Reegan starts preschool next week and I am happy because she is so excited, but also sad.  Those are 2 mornings every week I will not be able to see my girl.  I am so excited for some one-on-one time with my boy though.  He deserves it, he is so patient to do all her activities. 

No comments: