Us

Us

Friday, November 6, 2015

Days

With Reegan being in half day kindergarten and Gavin in Preschool two mornings a week, our days are becoming full quicker and I have found that I need to be more intentional with time. It used to be that some mornings would drag on and I couldn't wait until lunch time and nap time. Not anymore, instead I find myself being shocked that its already 11:00 and just about time to pick up one or both kid from school. The afternoons fly by and many of my well intended behaviors/activities/chores are pushed off for another day. I feel like I am always saying it, but we are settling into our new normal...for now
These two are becoming best buds. Gavin has picked up the role of big brother and loves being my helper. He has taken on the job of reading to Emerson and shows her this color book everyday, sometimes shirtless!
I love wearing my babies and I think that Em likes it too.
I got to have a special one-on-one with this boy at his preschool fall festival. We ate hot dogs, hammered nails into a pumpkin and played other silly games. I love giving this guy special attention, because he deserves it all!
Lunch date with my babies (Photo by Reegan).
Trying to convince this guy to write his letters has been difficult. Reegan has always loved school and always asked me if she could practice, but this one, not so much. He loves to learn at school, but apparently thinks home is not for learning, only playing.
Sweet little Emerson has started eating food. She loves avocado and sweet potato in sticks that she can feed herself. She also loves puffs and yogurt melts. Right now she can pick them up in her hand but can't figure out how to get them to her mouth.We're working on it.
Painting pumpkins
Fall has been so nice, so we are trying to soak it in while we can.
Emerson is growing and learning every day.
I think she just figured out that we have dogs. We're now very interested and reaching out to touch them.
Emerson is such a happy baby. I can't believe how lucky we got with her.

No comments: