Us

Us

Monday, February 22, 2016

Reegan is 6

Reegan is 6... I can't believe it. This last year has a been a huge year of growth for this girl. Kindergarten has been amazing for her. She now reads and writes and loves math and tests. She looks forward to going to school every day and loves to come home and tell me what she's learned. She loves gym and library class. Also likes computer class because she gets to play games on pbs.org. Her teacher tells me that she is a leader in the class and everyone likes her. She also sits by a special needs kid and takes the initiative to help him with his work and is very patient with him. 

I told her I wanted to take some pictures now that she is 6 and she posed herself in these photos. If she wasn't so shy around strangers I would think modeling is in her future!
 We had her checkup yesterday and she is just shy of 50 pounds (74%ile) and just shy of 4 feet tall (83%ile). WOW, she is growing like crazy.
Reegan likes to sleep in a little bit in the morning and I have to wake her up for school just about every day. I wake her once and she asks for a couple of minutes to lay in bed. She lays there and wakes up a bit and 5 min later when I come back she is ready to get up and dressed. She likes to pick out her own clothes and has her favorite outfits. If she could wear dresses or skirts to school every day she would.  To bad its winter and that requires pants. She is also particular about her hair. She wants it how she wants it. She also doesn't have much of an appetite in the morning. I think she would be fine if I sent her to school with no breakfast, but I just can't do that. So, I make her eat at least a little something in the morning.
 After school she seems genuinely excited to see her brother and sister and want to play. She is often overly excited and therefore doesn't listen to instructions. I think she is mentally tired which makes me happy we did half day and not full day. We do lunch time, play a little, read (our daily homework is to read for a minimum of 20 minutes) and then do rest time. Reegan never takes a nap anymore (even when she really needs it) and instead spends some quiet time in her room. Most days she either does crafts or puzzles. She always asks to watch Netflix on the iPad and sometimes I give in and let her have it. Somedays she goes downstairs with me and we bake or play games.
Reegan is a good eater and likes healthy food.  Or food that she thinks is healthy. Chicken nuggets is healthy to her because it's meat. She loves veggies, salad, cucumbers, peppers, etc. Also does great with fruit. She loves salty snacks, chips, pretzels, popcorn and doesn't enjoy sweets as often. Ice cream or cake she picks vanilla over chocolate every time.
Reegan love arts and crafts, has found a love for cooking (thanks Masterchef Junior), working on school stuff, reading, playing barbies, and being outdoors. She is a perfectionist and doesn't enjoy new things. If something doesn't come natural to her she doesn't want to do it.
Reegan is one amazing girl! She is smart, kind, beautiful and wise beyond her years. We can no longer spell things we don't want her to hear because she has called us out on p-a-r-k, i-c-e c-r-e-a-m, etc. She is very sensitive and cries if we raise our voice or if she sees something sad on tv. She says and does things almost every day that surprises me. She is growing up and I can honestly say that I am enjoying it all!
She has lost 3 teeth and the top 2 are loose currently. Can ride a bike with no training wheels and learned how to roller skate in gym class. Loves watching dancing with the stars and cooking shows. Tells me she is going to be an artist like Nana when she grows up. Still loves to cuddle, but only on her timing. Takes baths but its a matter of time before she starts showering instead. has an incredible imagination. Loves to read, we are currently working through the magic treehouse books and when we stop at the chapter breaks she says she just want to keep reading, I see a book worm in our future! She is a great big sister, loves to hold Emerson while she sleeps and taking care of her. Gavin is her best friend but they are starting to butt heads more and more, however when they are getting along it is so great.

We love you Reegan! Happy 6th Birthday!!!

1 comment:

jmheine said...

Oh my goodness, she looks way too grown up in these pictures! She is such a beautiful, young lady!! Love her so much!!