Us

Us

Friday, May 31, 2013

Living

May is quickly coming to an end, but it has brought goodness to us.  Warmer weather, birthday parties for little ones and big ones, outdoor fun times, swimming lessons, play dates, stresses of getting our house ready to put on the market, and lots of time enjoying our little family.
 
My saving grace right now is Gavin's dislike for grass.  I can put him on a blanket in the middle of the grass and he can't stray too far.  Give the boy a snack, book and his sister for entertainment and he is content.
 I have found a couple garage sales in my neighborhood on my way from work in the past couple of weeks and have found some amazing deals.  A princess scooter for Reegan $4 and this walker toy for Gavin $5.  Now when he gets tired of his blanket on the grass he can scoot around in the garage.

 

A newish goal I have for myself is that one morning a week I get the kids out of the house for a fun activity.  Something outside of our normal routine.  We've done Deanna Rose Farmstead a couple of times, ceramic café for story time and paint your own pottery, and this last week we went to Nerman Museum.  It was...a little disappointing.  The kids were very well behaved but it was small so we walked through it much quicker than I had anticipated.  
Plus we were the only people there, so the security guard was our shadow which was a little awkward.  I understand it, museums are not a typical place to bring your infant and toddler, but I was looking for some culture.  Lesson learned: security guards make this little girl a little nervous and timid. 

I've got a whole list of summer activities I am excited to do...Jason on the other hand may not be as excited!  I'm keeping him pretty busy! 

No comments: