Us

Us

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Best Summer Ever

 Everything to Reegan lately has been the best ever. "best dinner ever," "best park ever," and my personal favorite "you're the best mommy ever". I have to agree with her, this has got to be the best summer ever. Or at least in the top 5 of my LIFE. The kids are at this great age where everything is fun and exciting and we only have one afternoon nap to plan around and even that can be delayed if we're having too much fun to go home. We've enjoyed Deanna Rose farmstead, our zoo membership has gotten more use than ever before, and the neighborhood pool, wow! We take that block and a half walk in our sleep. My kids even have tan lines for the first time ever which is saying something with the amount of sunscreen I spray on them every time we are outside for more than 10 minutes.

The weather has been great so even our stay at home days have been filled with activities outside.
Reading time outside

 Helping mommy water the flowers
 Messy popsicles after the pool.



 Picnicing with the geese.
And sharing bread that we just happened to have in the car. Reegan was very impressed with me that I packed food for the kids and the ducks.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that school starts in 3 weeks. It's not going to change much, except my girl is going to be taken from me 3 mornings a week. I've come to the rude realization that I am not going to get to spend every day, all day with both kids ever again (yes, I am little dramatic about it). 3 mornings this year, next year 5 mornings a week and after that, all day she'll be away learning from other kids things I am not ready for her to learn. I guess the silver lining is that I will get more sleep after working night shift. Gavin only has one more year before he starts preschool as well. Where is time going?

We'll just enjoy the time we have now and I am not taking anything for granted!

No comments: