Us

Us

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Gavin is 2

The baby of our family is growing and turned 2 last week. What a joy he has been the last 2 years. Gavin is so smart and is more observant than we often give him credit for. I can't believe the things I see him do and he is so active, often hanging and dangling from things and throwing himself over the furniture. Gavin loves airplanes and can hear and spot them before most of us can. Also loves school buses and blue cars.  
 Gavin loves to eat. I've said it before but if the kid is cranky, chances are it's only because he needs a little food. Once he's eaten he's back to his normal, happy self.
Gavin loves to be with Reegan and is happy playing with anything she wants to play with. He follows her around and wants to be just like her. At soccer practice, he will find someone to kick the ball to. They really are the best of friends!
 Gavin is a clown, he loves to make us laugh and makes silly facial expressions all the time. I can't get enough of him.
 Jason and I think Gavin has some true athletic ability. He swings a baseball bat with general ease and very little direction and loves to throw and kick a ball. We are excited to get him involved next summer and see what he enjoys doing.
 Gavin knows what he wants and what he doesn't and isn't afraid to let us know. He has started giving me his opinion on his clothes when I ask and does not like me to sing the ABC song to him. He covers my mouth and says no no no.  He has his specific books that are his favorite and toys that he loves the most and makes sure no one takes those from him.
Gavin is not much of a cuddler, basically because he doesn't want to sit still for more than a minute at a time. However he says "I you" (I love you) multiple times during the day and I can usually get a few  hugs and kisses out of him as he's passing by me and headed to the next toy.

We love you Gavin! You are my favorite little boy and I am so happy to spend every day with you. You make life exciting and keep me on my toes. Happy birthday little guy!

No comments: