Us

Us

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Changes

There are many changes occuring the Heine household and they all begin with Reegan! She is 6 weeks old (time is flying) and has entered a new, fun stage of life. She still sleeps a lot, but is beginning to give us a little preview of her personality. Here are a few of the changes...

1. Smiling- At about 4 weeks, Reegan started smiling socially. We first thought it was a fluke, but she continue to do it more and more often. I love it, I can't wait until we hear her first little laugh!

2. Eyesight- She still goes cross-eyed fairly often, but now I can see her focusing on objects across the room. We have a picture behind our couch that she stares at every day. She also loves looking outside and has started watching me when I enter/leave the room or am doing something in the kitchen. I have also noticed her watching the TV every now and again...hopefully this isn't a bad habit starting early.

3. "Talking"- OK, she doesn't actually talk, but she has started using her voice. When we talk to her, she often makes noises back at us. Sometimes she gets going and really "tells us a story". We keep trying to get a video of this, but as soon as the video camera comes out, she becomes silent. I am still trying, so hopefully we will have a video soon.

4. Jumping- Ever since she was a couple of weeks old, she has liked when we hold her under her arms and let her "stand". It was amazing, you can tell she is trying to use her leg muscles to stand, but just can't do it yet. Now she bends her knees and straightens them. Every time she does this we lift her into the air like she is jumping. When in the air she pulls those legs up and does it over and over and over. We are going to get some strong shoulders from pushing this 9+ pound girl in the air. She could jump all day if we let her, she seems to really enjoy it.

She is entering into such a fun stage of life. I love how alert she is when she is awake. I know it is just going to get better! She is such a great sleeper at night, I also look forward to the night that I only have to get up once with her! Oh, how great it would be to sleep through the night again...

No comments: