Us

Us

Sunday, August 29, 2010

School has started

I am two weeks in and two tests down, school has officially started! I recieved my student nursing badge this week, so I must be legit. Right now I am in class Mon-Thurs full-time with a lot of homework and studying in the evenings and weekends. Leaving Reegan has been tough, but I know that it is well worth it. I start clinicals in 4 weeks, so if you find yourself at Monorah Hospital in a month, you may be my first patient :)



In addition to school, I have decided that I want to make my own babyfood. With a LOT of help from my mom, this week I made carrots, sweet potato, and applesauce. It was not very hard, but did take more time than I expected. Next week I plan to make peas, green beans, and squash. Reegan seems to like the vegetables more than fruit, which is fine with me!

Thanks to my friend Becca, I found a great website that gives recipes and directions for home-made babyfood http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

First step is cooking the vegetable...



After cooking, puree it. The website says that you can use a blender or food processor. We used the "Ninja" and it worked great. It was so fast and easy.


Finally freeze it in ice-cube trays. When it is frozen, pop them out and store in a ziplock bag.
I am so glad that I decided to do this, it makes me feel good that I can make food for Reegan...I hope I keep this up!

1 comment:

Adam and Becca Foster said...

Good job on your food prep. It's not hard and once you get the hang of it you get quite the supply. Keep it up, it's worth it and has better flavor. Let me know if you need help with anything.