Us

Us

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ernie Miller & 25 Weeks

To prove just how big baby boy I am getting, here is a photo from 25 weeks.  My goal this pregnancy was a 25 pound weight gain, the low end of the recommendation.  However, I'm on target for the 30 pound weight gain.  Right smack inthe middle of the recommendation.  I'll take it, it could be a lot worse!  Plus I want this little one to be healthy, so if it means a couple extra pounds, then I'll deal with it! 

We had a busy end to our week and a really busy weekend.  I'll tell you more about the weekend in the next post, but Reegan and I stayed busy last week.  We went to the playground with our friends Jamie and Haylee and spent a fun time just the two of us at Ernie Miller Nature Park.  This place is less than 2 miles away, but in the almost 5 years we have lived in our house, we have never been.  I think its because they don't allow dogs and whenever we want to go for a walk/hike we like to take the dogs.  I wasn't sure what to expect but it served as an enjoyable time just the two of us! 
We walked and Reegan would run ahead whenever there was a fork in the path to tell me which way we should go.  This park is huge, many miles, so while she wanted to be the decision maker, I had ultimate control.  We stayed close to the visitors center. 
I don't think we'll come real often, but it is a great place for a change of scenery.  Beautiful with lots of birds. 

Of course, we had to take a break for snack time!  A snack is always needed...
We were almost done, right outside the visitors center when Reegan ran up ahead of me and laid down.  Not sure what she was thinking, I asked her if she was tired and she laughed and said no.  Got up, ran off and did it again.  Whatever makes you happy girl! 
I always send lots of pics to Jason at work or post them on instagram (if you don't have this app, get it!).  We miss him while he's at work and I wish he also only had to work 3 days a week, so we could have more time together.  I'm spoiled, I know.  Weekends are great, but they are too short and always filled with a million things that we have to do, mainly things that didn't get done during the week.  I'm trying to be better about getting a ton of stuff, cleaning and grocery shopping, done while he is at work.  Unfortunately, working nights gets in the way :)  I often need to sleep while Reegan is napping and that cuts into uninterupted chore time.  I've found a pretty good balance, but I'm still working at it! 

1 comment:

audrey said...

Your baby bump is so cute! Can't wait to meet that little boy...and neither can Georgie.