Us

Us

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

32 Weeks


Here is the latest picture (are the gloves from gardening or just the latest trend, you decide :).  I am still feeling enormous, but every once in a while someone tells me I look small.  I think they're only saying that to make me feel good, but I'll take it when it comes!  Whenever someone asks how I'm feeling, I usually say that I feel good and most of the time I do, but to be honest this pregnancy is a lot harder than the first.  I'm not sure if its because its my second or because I'm on my feet more at work and have a toddler to chase around at home.  Either way, I'm feeling those side effects much more this go around.  

This baby is a squirmer in the evenings.  He is sitting much higher than Reegan was, so I feel all the movements right under my ribs.  Its fairly uncomfortable sometimes and I feel like I'm constantly having to push a little butt or foot down so I can breath better.  With Reegan we had so many ultrasounds (16 in all) that I knew exactly where her body was and what I was feeling.  Since we only had the 20 week ultrasound this time I have no idea how he is laying.  Honestly, I'm kinda paranoid he's not in position because all of the movement is so high while with Reegan it was much lower.  My doctor assures me that movement up high usually does mean the baby is head down, but if he questions it closer to delievery there will be another ultrasound.  

My back pain is unbelievable some times.  If I'm just sitting I'm usually Ok, but playing on the floor with Reegan sometimes is impossible.  I was trying to chase her around on my hands and knees and I kept getting shooting pains on my right lower back, I was laughing and crying at the same time.  Sleep is getting challenging, I wake every 2 hours to pee and change positions, I had to bring out the body pillow this last week, so poor Jason doesn't have a lot of room.  I'm still able to workout, not as often as I would like but 3 times a week at least.  I bought a prenatal yoga dvd which isn't much of a workout but the stretching is amazing. 

Reegan really is the sweetest little thing.  Everyday (without prompting) she give my belly hugs and kisses and says hi to baby brother.  Whenever we see a baby on tv or somewhere she always asks me if she can hold it.  I think she is going to be the best big sister!  

At the end of my shift or a really busy day I feel like my ankles are a little swollen, but not to bad.  I am exhausted in the evenings and all day really and its a challenge to not let myself nap when Reegan naps.  I'll confess, there have been many times that I put her to bed and she pats the bed and asks for me to lay down with her.  I usually lay down and rub her back for a little while before she falls asleep, but more times than one I also fall asleep.  I usually wake up after 20 minutes or so, but one time it was pushing an hour...oops!     

These are all small prices to pay for this little one, I'm really excited to meet him and maybe even more excited to see Reegan with him.  We have a name picked out, but I don't think I'm ready to share it just yet.  I have a little trouble with commitment and posting it for the world (or the 10 people who read this) is definitely commiting :)  Soon, we'll hopefully have finished pictures of his nursery as well.  We decided not to go very traditional, but I think its going to turn out really cute.  For now, we are taking one last weekend away to spend with our only child before her world is turned upside down.  We leave for St. Louis on Thurs.  We have big plans so hopefully the weather cooperates.  Life is good, we are enjoying each of these experiences and look forward to the changes ahead!    

No comments: