Us

Us

Monday, January 7, 2013

6 months

Its been a big month for Gavin.  It's his half birthday.  I can't believe how fast time is flying.  He was a lucky boy and for Christmas we let him eat.  I know, very generous of us!  Were up to twice a day and he gets cereal for one meal and for the other we have been trying out some veggies: sweet potato, carrots, avocado, and banana from the strainer.  He's not a fan of the strainer so far.  I think the food doesn't come out fast enough for him.  
 Sits up like a champ and jumps as often as he can.  Still a fan of the exersaucer and doorway jumper and loves to roll around.  Gavin has the most handsome smile and is so happy.  Loves to "talk" and has learned that he can scream.  It's still cute...ask me again in 6 months :)  Hates a dirty diaper and will let us know immediately.  Usually happens while he is enjoying the exersaucer.
 Still puts everything in his mouth and wants to chew on anything he can.  Is obsessed with whatever food we have and feels like he needs to try big people food.  Forget sweet potato, boy thinks he needs a donut.  Has 5 teeth and the 6th, 7th and 8th are not too far behind.  Has been biting a little when he eats as well.  Reegan can also be found feeding her baby dolls and telling them "no bite, that hurts".  Little mama in training... 
Just like his sister and daddy, Gavin is long and slender.  28.1inches tall which is 91%ile and 17lbs, 15oz 52%ile.  He is starting to grow a little hair and one of my favorite things to do is run my hand over his head.  Fuzzy and kinda mohawk-ish.  LOVE, of course its blond too.  Who knew my dark head would have blond babies?  I think he has the sweetest personality.  He is so relaxed and lets Reegan hug him and climb ontop of him and he never whines about it.  Maybe he's learning at such a young age that she's older and in charge!  When we rock him to sleep (yep, no cry it out here), he just melts into our chest/shoulder and is so relaxed.  He is such a good baby.  I don't know what we did to deserve him, but we love him like crazy. 

I just couldn't help myself with these last pictures.  I know I am embarressing the pants off (pun intended) Gavin.  He will roll his eyes and shake his head when he sees this.  If he's not hiding in his room out of shame.  Who doesn't love a good naked santa pic?   


Seriously, he's the cutest little guy I have ever seen. 

No comments: