Us

Us

Monday, January 28, 2013

Gavin is 7 months

Gavin is now 7 months old.  Such a big boy and June will be here before I know it and he will be one.  Ughh, don't like to think about it.  No doctor's appointment this month, but he's eating all sorts of baby food, so I'm sure he's still growing like a weed.    Loves his food and prefers homemade food to the store bought gerber food.  He has no interest in feeding himself puffs or cheerios or drinking from a cup.  Meal time will be a lot easier when he can do that, but no rush.
 This week he sprouted 3 new teeth for a grand total of 8... I can't believe it, hopefully the drooling slows down a bit. 
 Gavin will get on all 4's but is not even thinking about crawling.  He will scoot on his belly and turn around if he wants too.  He may be just like Reegan and completely skip the crawling phase and go straight to walking.  He is already trying to pull up.  He mostly pulls up on me when I am sitting next to him.  We're in trouble, he's more curious than Reegan was, so once he's on the move I'm afraid we may not be able to stop him! 
Gavin is such a lovable boy.  He's a definite mama's boy right now.  Makes sense, I have the food and sometimes when he whines he says mama.  I don't think he knows what he's saying yet, but it makes me excited to hear those words when they're intentional.  He has never had a security blanket and I think his security is skin.  When he's sleepy or eating, he loves to rub his hands over our hands or arms.  He also loves when we rub his cheeks and head.  He instantly relaxes and those eyes roll back in his head.  So sweet.   
 Gavin is very vocal these days as well.  He laughs, he talks, he whines and he cries... loud.  He makes himself known and he knows exactly what he wants.  He's very predictable and enjoys being on a schedule. 
We are so blessed that this baby is a part of the family.  He will bring greatness, I know it!

No comments: