Us

Us

Friday, January 11, 2013

Gingerbread House and First Cereal

January is proving to be running at about 40% of what December was running at and I am so thankful.  December brought many filled evenings and jammed packed weekends that I lost a sense of time and am still trying to make sense of it all.  It was amazing though.  A little too busy, but we filled those moments with family, friends and memories!  This is a little late, but big moments that couldn't be forgotten.  Christmas eve was celebrated by Reegan's first gingerbread house and first food for Gavin.  
She may have eaten as many candies as she put on the house...
Gavin tried to help...
We have a reusable gingerbread house that I bought at Holiday Mart last year.  It snaps together so it is very sturdy and when done, rinse off with soap and water then pack it up for next year.  Its great, but we may need to use more frosting next year, our candies slid a bit.


Gavin started food:
So generous of us, for Christmas Gavin, you can eat :)

First bite and a little unsure...

Third bite...trying to grab the spoon and feed himself!  Loves it! 
We're going a little slower this time around, mainly because I'm in denial that my baby is getting big.  The Dr told us we can start giving him a sippy cup and cheerios "to practice". Um, I'm sorry, he is a teeny, tiny baby, far too little to be doing big baby activities.  Total denial.  Luckily for me, I gave him cheerios and a sippy cup and he's not interested.  I'll try again, but I'm not rushing it.  

So far he has had rice cereal, sweet potatos, carrots, avocado, and green beans.  I'm making the baby food again this time around and so far so good (except for the rice cereal).  I plan to make peas and squash this weekend.  We may end the month with some applesauce and banana. 

No comments: