Us

Us

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Apples

For the second year in row we made it to the apple orchard.  I did tone down the amount of apples I bought, and I have big plans for using the apples we did bring home.  This was on my must-do fall bucket list, and it didn't disappoint.  


Both kids loved it and caught on quick.



Of course, sampling the apples may have been this guy's favorite part, he loves food. 






After the orchard and hay ride, we came back to apple cider donuts, apple cider and a fire pit to roast marshmallows. 

While out on the hay ride we ran into a friend of mine from high school church.  I think I've only seen her once or twice since I went off to college.  She was with her sister and parents.  I love this.  I love that they have kept this tradition since she was a kid.  I hope I can instill in my children the importance of family tradition like my family and Jason's family taught us.  I hope that my children want to celebrate and cherish tradition like we do.  I had such high hope for this day and this activity and it did not disappoint. 

1 comment:

David and Rachel said...

Such great pictures! We miss y'all!