Us

Us

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Potty Training

Jan 30, I decided that at 2 1/2, it should be time to introduce Gavin to the potty. I've heard boys take longer to potty train so while Reegan was out of diapers except for night-time at 2 1/2, I had no expectations. He blew me away. This kid is so smart and so easy, he picks things up right away and doesn't whine about it.  At 2 we decided it was time to take his pacifier away. He only used the pacifier at night, but he loved his pacifier. I thought it would be a long, miserable process taking it away.  Nope, I was wrong. We just didn't give it to him one night and that was it, no whining, no mention of the pacifier ever again. So, back to potty training. I had no expectations.We bought the underware and had him sit on his little potty. I think his second or third time sitting on it he went. And many times after that he went. Now less than 3 weeks later and I would say he is potty trained. He even poops on the potty. We wear night-time diapers but that is it. If I knew it was going to be this easy, I would have done it months ago!!!



 His underware of choice. Spiderman and Teenage mutant ninja turtles.
I can't believe we are basically out of diapers. Just in time for baby and another round of diapers to start. I am so proud of him, I can barely stand it. I love this boy!

No comments: