Us

Us

Monday, November 30, 2009

It's been a crazy week!!

Wow, it has been a busy couple of weeks!! It seems like we have had somewhere to be or something fun to do nearly every day. Don't get me wrong, we've had a lot of good times, but it makes it hard to get something posted on this blog. So we decided to tackle a bunch of activities in one GIANT update. :) Get ready...here it goes.

First off, we failed to mention in our last update that we recently attended a day-long marriage conference at our church. The speaker for the conference was Dr. Gary Chapman, author of The Five Love Languages as well as tons of other helpful, bible-based, relationship books. It was a wonderful experience and we think we really got a lot of good out of it! Dr. Chapman was a very entertaining speaker and made the day very enjoyable. :)


Next, some Thanksgiving activities. On Thursday morning, we got up early (kinda) and headed over to the Sprint campus for the Thanksgiving Day Sprint 5K Run/Walk. It was a HUGE race with over 5,600 people participating. Jess' parents ran/walked with us, and despite the bitter cold wind, it was a pretty good time. As you can tell from the pic, we tried to be prepared for the weather.



After the race, we headed over to Jess' parents to have a Thanksgiving brunch. It was sooo good! Thanks to Kim for the AWESOME cheesy potatoes!! My favorite...

Next up, it was time to head over to my Grandma's house for the annual Heine/Elliott family gathering. There were 23 people there to enjoy the 2 turkeys and tons of other food. Jess and I also took a second to have a couple pics taken to be put on our Christmas cards this year. This one didn't make the card, but we liked it anyway. ;)


On Saturday, we got to go to the K-State basketball game that was here at the Sprint Center. My brother Jeff got us some student tickets and came with us. We had great seats - third row! I tried to get a couple of good action shots of the game...this was my best one - Curtis Kelly with a monster dunk!


Me and my bro...


Me and my bride...


Finally, we were also able to get some of our Christmas decorations put up over the weekend. Before going to the game, Jeff came over and helped me get the lights on the house. I added a few additional strands that we didn't have last year and I think they turned out fantastic!! I could be a little biased though...

Jess took care of the inside decor. Our fireplace and mantle are ready for Santa! We still don't have our tree up yet, but I'm sure we'll get that done before this week is over. :)


Whew, I think that's all for now. No slowing down now though - Christmas will be here before we know it! We hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Jess and I are certainly thankful for all of the wonderful people we are so blessed to have in our lives.

1 comment:

jmheine said...

Busy, busy, busy!! great pics! I especially like the one of the lights on your house! They look great! Will be anxious to see the picture of the finished bathroom! Keep up the good work!