Us

Us

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

She Kissed a BOY!

OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  I can't believe this has happened already!  I thought for sure I wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing for at least another...I don't know...10 years minimum (and that's me being "realistic").  I mean, I know the kids nowadays grow up fast and there is plenty of them kissing and such before they should be, but before she's 18 MONTHS?!?! 

Okay, let me calm down a little bit and tell you what happened.  I went to pick up Reegs from daycare today.  No big deal, right?  Well when I opened the door and stepped into her room, she ran over to me as fast as she could to give me the biggest hug ever (as usual :), and as I scooped her up her teachers says to me, "So, this is probably the last thing you want to hear about your daughter's day, but..."  At this point I'm thinking what?  She threw up her lunch?  She hit another child?  Fell and hurt herself?  What??  "Reegan kissed a boy today!"  Huh?  Come again please. 

The teacher tells me the story, and honestly it's one of the cutest things I've ever heard!  So, I guess Reegs and this boy, Parker, are buds already, but today they both were paying a bit of extra attention to one another.  They were playing on the tumbling mats and Parker came over to Reegan, put his arms around her little body, and they kissed!!  She said it was adorable (and I actually agree it probably was) and all day long after that, they would both come over to each other periodically for more hugs.  :)  So cute!

I love that our little baby has such a loving personality.  I really do.  But please baby, don't be kissing boys already!!  Even if it is the cutest thing ever...

1 comment:

The Frenchs said...

SO SWEET! I can totally picture it!