Us

Us

Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Mexico

This is a really long post with a lot of pictures.  We had so much fun, I couldn't narrow it down any more than this.  What I really need to do it start making collages with the pictures....eventually I'll get to that :). 

We headed out Thurs morning.  It was a long day, two flights and then a 3 hour car drive.  I was a little unsure how Reegan would handle it all, but she was great the whole trip.  She didn't let the changing settings and change in sleep affect her much at all.  The airplane was a lot of fun, Reegan wanted to check it all out.

She had her baby, purse, and blanket so all was good in the world!
We had a 2+ hour layover and after one lap around the concourse, she was out!
A couple of evenings, Reegan and I would head back to the hotel room while Jason and the rest of the family visited at his grandparents house.  During these times I let Reegan sleep in bed with me!  Jason then had the fun job of moving her when he got home!
Friday we headed out to Carlsbad Caverns.  Reegan stayed behind with Jan.  It was a good thing because it was a steep walk and they don't allow strollers.

Here is the opening to the cave, we had to wind our way down, but along the way there were a lot of really neat things to see.
The pictures don't do it justice, it was beautiful.
That afternoon, before we got ready for dinner we headed to the pool.  I'm not very good with the settings, so these are a little dark.  Sorry.
She loved to jump in and is becoming very brave.
In the mornings we also were able to go out with Jason's Uncle Randy in his plane.  I have never been a plane besides a large jet.  This was a very different experience. 
First Jan
Then Jeff
My turn...it was real early in the morning, pretend like you don't see my sleepy eyes!
Lastly Jason.
By the time Jason was back, Reegan was awake and out there with us.  She didn't mind sitting the plane, but wanted nothing to do with the headphones.
On to the main event.  Jason's Grandmother's 80th birthday party.  Here she is with her husband and their 6 kids.
Reegan made a friend in Cousin Madison.
Balloons were a great hit!
A family photo.  I can't get over her blond hair, I hope it stays that color, but looking at Jason and I...I'm not sure it will.
Sunday we spent the day visiting and that afternoon we packed up and were ready for our drive back.
Jason and Jeff with Grandma.
With grandpa
Another group shot.
It took a little bit for Reegan to come around and enjoy being around all these new people, but once she did, she loved it. Gave all the guys a high-five before we left and gave great-grandma and great-grandpa a kiss.  We're so glad we had the opportunity to take Reegan to Carlsbad, NM and even though she wont remember it, the rest of us will.

2 comments:

a1larson1 said...

LOVE this post and all the pictures! Looks like a fun trip for everyone.

Jolene: said...

Wow! Reegan is looking so grown-up! And still so beautiful!