Us

Us

Monday, April 23, 2012

Outside Play

So cliche, but where has the time gone?  I can't believe the end of April is almost here.  I can't believe that I'm already down to the every other week doctor's appointment, and I can't believe that my little girl is growing up so much and almost 27 months. 

We have been so busy lately that I don't think we've done much enjoying life, so we try to squeeze in a few moments at the end of the day when the 3 of us are together.  The 3 of us are not together as much as we would like.  This working nights thing is tough.  I feel like I'm always trying to take it easy because I have to work that night or recovering after I've worked all night.  I'll admit it, I don't sleep nearly enough.  Currently I'm at work and having a "what was I thinking" moment.  I wasn't supposed to work tonight, its not my weekend, but I traded with someone who needed tonight off.  So, here I am.  Not sure what I am thinking because I worked this past Thurs and Fri night and work again Tues and Wed night.  After accepting the trade I realized that I would be working 5 out of 7 nights...But then I have 5 days off.  That will be amazing!  In addition, I will be with Reegan all day tomorrow, because I just have too much stuff to get done to spend my day sleeping.  Come 8am when I'm off work, I'll probably regret it, but after a cup of coffee and, fingers crossed, a workout I'll be fine! 

How have we been spending our time lately?  That seems to be the magic question, because sometimes I am not sure what we have been doing.  If you came over to my house right now, it would look like we have been doing nothing, the sink is full of dishes, legos and stuffed animals are scattered around, plus there is currently a changing table and glider in our living room.  Jason has already painted Reegan's big girl room and we've moved her over (pics to come of that soon) and is currently working on painting the baby's room.  I have been moving clothes, books, toys, etc of Reegan's into her new room.  Once we get the nursery put together a little more I then need to start doing some laundry and digging the baby toys out of the basement.  I think in another week, we will start to feel a lot better about it and be able to slow down a bit.  I still need to go shopping since we don't have anything on the walls in either room, but that should be a bit more relaxing. 

We are still trying to have intentional time with Reegan, it just looks a little different.  We may not have time to take her to the park in the evening, but instead we'll head out back from some play.  Here is the newest addition to our deck.   

Gotta love consignment sales!  Thanks Mom :)

Reegan LOVES it.  She takes her stuffed animals out there and has really started to love walking in through the door and climbing out through the back window.  A very active girl we have.  I love it because it sits right outside our back door, so I can leave the door open and clean the kitchen while she plays.  Plus, she loves being able to come and go as she pleases. 
For Easter, Jason and I got her this t-ball set.  He has really loved teaching her how to swing the bat.  Much to our surprise she seems to do better batting left-handed even though she does everything else right-handed.
Jason tells me this could serve her well if she becomes some amazing softball player in the future (he has very high hopes for all our kids :)


We've also been doing a lot of work around the house preparing to put it on the market sometime in the next year and preparing for an upcoming garage sale.  Hopefully we can make some money on all these things we don't want.  The lawn is getting some professional attention and now Jason has strict guidelines for himself when it comes to mowing and watering.  Also, who knew replacing carpet could be so expensive...

No comments: