Us

Us

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I think every few months we find a groove and stick.  No big adventures to tell of, just more of the same.  Our days look suprising similar and yet I'm always looking for that one activity we can do the next day, next week in order to keep ourselves from getting too comfortable, aka bored.  I'm not sure how it happened but the past week, couple of weeks I have noticed how Reegan is turning from a toddler into a full-fledge child.  She says things and does things that I had no idea she knew.  I've heard her sing along to the radio more than once which reminds me how intentional I need to be about what she hears.

The other day she came home from daycare a mess emotionally.  Instead of taking a nap, she decided to dance and do leg lifts in her bed/cot the teacher informed us.  She was exhausted and feel asleep the last miles before pulling into the driveway.  She was NOT happy with Jason for waking her up and insisting she walk upstairs by herself.  I was getting dinner ready and she stood there sobbing.  Finally she looked up at me and said, "I need some cuddles".  My heart melted, I dropped everything, went straight to the couch and gave my sleepy girl some cuddles. After a while she was done with me and asked her Daddy for some cuddles too. 
I am reminded all to often how big she is getting, I love that we still have these moments because I also need them. Maybe its the exhaustion that comes with not sleeping through the night for 5+ months (more if you count the pregnancy peeing every 2 hours), but I've been very reminiscent lately. I think about my little ones and get emotional.  They're getting so big so fast. 
So, as we find our grove (..or rut) we'redoing what we can to enjoy our everyday.  Some days are easier than others, but I know the day will come and the kids wont want this family time. 

In other news, Gavin went to the Doctor today, and he nows weighs 17 pounds, 13 ounces.  WOW.  Big boy is going to need a new carseat pretty soon.  He is 51/2 months.  And Reegan was just moved up a class in gymnastics (or nastics as she likes to call it) and is now with the 5 year olds.  Her teacher said she is freakishly coordinated!  Seriously, they're growing up too fast, but I love every minute of it.  

No comments: