Us

Us

Sunday, January 3, 2010

34 Weeks Down...6 (or less) To Go!

We're on the home stretch these days until our little girl arrives. Jess is now at week 34 and we are realizing that it could really be any day now the our family gets 50% bigger! Here's the most recent picture of Jess...


This was taken just before we headed off to our day-long child birthing class!! We spent all day over at the hospital learning all about what we can expect during labor and delivery. For me, it was a very educational experience. I learned a ton about what happens with mom and baby, and how I can be the best coach/partner anyone has ever seen. Jess on the other hand, may have only taken a much larger amount of FEAR from the class! I'm not sure that hearing over and over how much everything will hurt before, during, and after labor made her very excited to get that process going. At least she will hopefully have a few more weeks before she has to deal with all of that. :)

We actually did learn a lot of very interesting stuff. For instance, the average labot last between 12 and 14 hours - Jess is definitely hoping for less than that. Also, I found it amazing that nowadays over 2/3 of all women use an epidural to eliminate having to go through the pain. I didn't realize the number would be that high, but I also can't say that I would blame any one of them! Jess' favorite part of the day was getting to learn and pratice some new relaxation and massaging techniques. She just layed on the floor, closed her eyes, and I rubbed her arms and back. The teacher said to continue praticing all of these things between now and the time she goes into labor, but we'll have to see about that. ;)



We were told to take pillows and a mat to lay on, but contrary to my belief, they were not for me to nap with. :)

2 comments:

The Frenchs said...

Jess you look so good! Wow!

jmheine said...

Sounds like you learned a lot! Be sure you keep up those relaxation exercises! :) It's down to the home stretch - won't be long now!! Get your naps in now while you can! :)