Us

Us

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another First

Well, tonight I had another first. It seems I am having a lot of those the past few months. Today's first, however, was not as enjoyable as some of the others! Tonight was the first night of my spring semester classes. When I arrived in class, I realized that I no longer can fit in the desk. How humiliating! I tried to slide in, but could not make it. As most of you know, a pregnant belly does not squish, it stays in one spot. So, there I was sitting on about a quarter of the chair, body turned in a weird angle because I was trying to stay on the chair and the corner of the desk poking me in the belly. A girl sitting a couple of rows over started laughing which caused the rest of the class to start laughing at me, because I looked so uncomfortable. I was thinking that there was no way I could sit in that position for 2 1/2 hours, so a few of us started brainstorming how I could make it work! Luckily for me, I could take part of the desk apart, so I could sit comfortably, however, this left nothing for me to rest my notebook on while I was writting. So, that made for a new challenge. I almost have to rest my notebook on my stomach. Fortunately, I only have a couple weeks of this!

1 comment:

jmheine said...

I know how you feel! When I was very pregnant with Jason I had the same problem during a summer class. The teacher offered his desk to me because the chair was not attached! We just moved it over to the side of the classroom and it worked out perfectly! Good luck - at least it's only for a few classes!