Us

Us

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Busy baby weekend!

Jason and I had a very busy weekend getting things ready for the baby. Because of Christmas and New Years, everything had to be postponed until after the New Year and this past weekend everything fell together.

Friday night some dear friends from Church threw us a couples baby shower. Even though it had been snowing for the previous 3 days, we still had a great turn out. We even played a game where the wives had to be blind-folded and feed the husbands a cup of pudding. After that, the men blew up a balloon (supposed to be the same size as my belly), put it under their shirts and try to tie their shoes. It was a funny, funny game!

Saturday, a friend of my mom's and my aunt Lisa, threw me a baby shower. This was a lot of fun because it involved family and it was great having everyone together. The decorations were cute and there were balloons that I have never seen before (I will try to post pictures this weekend). Lisa made the cutest baby face cake and cupcakes. I feel very blessed that so much time and effort was dedicated to making these 2 showers special for me! Saturday evening (Jason was reffing a basketball tournament), my mom came over and helped me organize and set up the nursery. All of our little girls clothes have been washed (thanks mom) and the bookshelf organized, etc. This coming weekend Jason and I hope to put the finishing touches on everything, so we will post pictures as soon as we can.

Sunday afternoon, we attended an Infant Care Class that my aunt Lisa put on for us. We covered a lot of great information and helped us to feel more comfortable for when the baby gets here. Well, as comfortable as you can be practicing with a doll and not a real baby. I am most nervous about giving the baby her first couple of baths and I know Jason is nervous about changing a diaper, since he has been fortunate enough to never do this before. I have had LOTS of practice, so he can change as many diapers as he needs too! Monday evening we went back up to Olathe Medical Center for our pre-admittance appointment. I think it is such a great idea that they do this early, I could not imagine filling out all of those forms and answering questions when I am in the middle of having contractions. This weekend was a lot of fun, but very overwhelming...so much information and tips, I hope we remember it all!

No comments: