Us

Us

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lately...

We've been doing a little bit of everything lately.  So here's a quick recap of some of the highlights of the past week.  :)

Since moving to nights, my schedule has been difficult for me to adjust too.  Nights themselves are not that tough, its the preparing for going to work (taking a nap while Reegan naps even though thats my chore time) and the morning after I work I usually sleep from 8-1 so I can then go to sleep again that night and get on a normal schedule for a couple days.  However, those afternoons are useless.  It is a struggle to get out of bed and I usually just want to sit on the couch instead of being productive.  This means 4:00 (or 5:00) roll around and I have NO idea what we are going to eat for dinner.  I have made it my mission to be more organized in the cleaning and cooking category.  So, one night I found 6 recipes that looked good and have been making those the nights I am not working.  I was going to take a pic of each one when I made them, but forgot after the first night.  I found these recipes while searching blogs, so they may or may not be yours...
mexican shepard's pie


Black bean brownies

Not pictured are shrimp fried rice (not my favorite) and sloppy joes.  I have chicken taquitos, a tortellini dish, and pork loin for the rest of the week. 

One of Reegan's favorite things to do these days is pray.  As soon as we put food in front of her she is already asking to pray.  I love how she folds her hands!  She also wants to pray before most snacks and sometimes while we are at the grocery store buying food.  We will pray anytime she wants :)

Last week, Jason and I went out for date night during restaurant week.  We went to the American Restaurant, a place we could probably not afford any other time.  It was amazing!  I wish we could always go to restaurants like this, the food was good, service was good, and the view overlooking crown center was beautiful.  We forgot to take a pic of our appetizer we both got the 63 degree egg.  Not sure what all was in it, but it was great.  Jason got Salmon with spaghetti squash and I got braised pork with root vegetables.  For dessert, I was disappointed with the pineapple upside down cake, but Jason's peanut butter s'mores was amazing.

And for my first baby bump photo.  Here I am at 18 weeks.  I do feel like I popped out earlier this time, but I've only gained 4 pounds so I feel pretty good about it.  No stranger has commented yet, so I think thats good (I think with Reegan I was 19 weeks before strangers started noticing, or commenting at least).  When I wear a sweatshirt or t-shirt I think I hid it pretty well.  Oh well, who wants to hid it?  I like showing it off now that its a little more obvious. 

Reegan and I's matching shoes...yes I am that mom. 

No comments: