Us

Us

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love

I am in LOVE!  Yes, I'm in love with my hubby and I love my daughter, but today I love my OB doc.  I have my sonogram in 4 weeks, but today when I went in for my 17 week appointment I asked him if we could do a quick gender scan and he agreed! 

It didn't go quite as I hoped, we didn't get a great reading.  Doc told us what he thought it was but told us not to buy anything based on that.  I have NEVER seen a baby move so much.  It really looked like a frog jumping up and down.  I thought Reegan was a really active baby, but if todays look shows me what the next 4+ months are going to look like it may be painful for me.  Seriously, I am already feeling kicks, no just movement, but full on kicks. 

We haven't decided if we're going to tell people the questionable reading, but for now at least it's a secret!  However, I would love to hear from all of you and know your guess.  Email me, text me, or leave a comment here.  To help with your decision, I'll tell you how this pregnancy compares to the last one.

Morning sickness:  With Reegan it started right at 4 weeks and ended at 10 weeks.  It came on quick and ended just as quick.  I threw up many times each day until the doctor told me about Zofran (the most amazing medication ever :)  It also lasted all day long.  This time, my nausea didn't start until week 6 or 7 and is still going on... to a lesser level now that I'm in the second trimester, but its still there.  I only throw up a couple times a week, but thats also because I take zofran as soon as I feel it coming on.  It also lasts all day long. 

Exhaustion:  I think the same or maybe a little more this time, but thats probably just because I work nights now and don't sleep well in the AM or PM. 

Hormones:  Probably stronger this time, but again, I think thats probably more because of the lack of sleep.

Cravings:  Beef, not the ground turkey I always cook with, but big juicy hamburgers.  Also clemintines and poptarts.  I think because the clemintines are sweet and the poptarts are easy on my stomach.  Same cravings this time as last time. 

We're so excited!  17 weeks down, 23 (hopefully less) to go! 

3 comments:

Leah said...

sI say BOY! I can read the excitement in your blog post. ;)

Leah said...

I don't know how that 's' got in the first post! Oops!

a1larson1 said...

I was thinking girl.... but now I'm guessing boy! So exciting!