Us

Us

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Little Baker

I told you all I was I going to try to be more intentional with the time I spend with Reegan.  We play a lot, we read, sing songs, vaccuum together (she loves it :)...but I have been wanting to do more.  Those times are fun, but I want to have things to get excited about!  So here it is, project 1:

Decorating cookies.  I know many people have done this with their kids, but I was a little nervous about it.  While she ate lunch, I set up the table for us.  I pre-made the cookies, I'm not brave enough to have her help with this yet...   


Success!  She loved it.  Before I could get the first cookie iced, she was already eating the sprinkles...I kept the toppings to a minimum, 2 types of sprinkles and chocolate chips.  The sprinkles were a hit, the chocolate was not.  I think this was the only cookie she used them on. 

***sidenote:  Reegan thinks she doesn't like chocolate.  She refused to try anything if it is on there.  Crazy girl, she doesn't know what she's missing.  I'm not pressing too hard for her to realize she likes it, I'll let this crazy thinking last as long as she wants***

Quantity over quality was her motto.

This is tough work, she had to concentrate.

We rewarded our hard work with a few bites of the cookie.  Reegan only ate 2 bites, then was done...So, Jason and I will have to enjoy the fruits of her labor :)

No comments: