Us

Us

Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's a...

It just happened that Reegan's birthday was the same time I was 20 weeks pregnant, so we decided to go for the ultrasound without anyone knowing so we could have the big reveal during the party.  We decided that whatever it was, we would buy a cute newborn outfit and have Reegan open it.  It was a suprise to all of our family because they weren't expecting us to find out for another week. 


I'm going to keep you in suspense a little longer.  My excitement in a previous post left many of you thinking it was a boy because I was so excited.  I got emails, texts, and a couple comments.  Well, a lot has happened in the last 2 years and because Reegan is SO amazing, I wanted another little girl!  Plus, whenever we asked Reegan if she wanted a brother or sister she always said sister, so I really wanted that for her (even though I'm not sure she really knew what she was asking for...).  So, I was hoping for a girl this time too.


Well, it didn't quite happen, we're having a BOY!  Even though I really wanted a girl, and yes was a little disappointed, I am super excited about it.  I think I had some time to adjust because this is what the doctor predicted 3/4 weeks earlier.  This little one wasn't shy about it either...his face however, he decided not to show us.  He kept his hands over them for the entire appointment.  The most amazing part is that he looked completely healthy, no 2-vessel cord this time.  Good news is that a weight is lifted and I wont have to worry that I'll be that 50% with anomalies like I did last time.  Bad news, we don't get to have 16 ultrasounds this pregnancy.  We may have had our last one...unless I can talk the doctor into it again :). 
     

I need to stop having a preference for a specific gender because history has shown that I'll get the opposite!  Jason is excited about this, he says now that we will have one of each, our next one is going to be a suprise until the birth!  I love that he's on board with having more because I always wanted a big(ish) family.  Plus now he gets another male in the house! 


We're extremely excited and anticipating the changes that are coming.  But for now, we're cherising our only child and spoiling her to the max.  We've also got a lot of buying to do, Reegan is all girl and loves pink/purple.





Look at the strong little man.  He's showing his muscles off already.  It even looks like he has a little bicep.  LOVE IT!

I feel these hands and feet every day.  He sure is active.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Congrats! One of each is so fun! We're making the next one a surprise, too. Have fun shopping!

audrey said...

yay yay yay!! So exciting!! Congrats you guys!

Leah said...

Yeah! Jason announced the news in class. So fun!

Hope to see you soon. Are you working every Sunday now?