Us

Us

Friday, August 3, 2012

Beating the heat

It's HOT.  Every morning while making breakfast, eating breakfast, and in general start our day, I watch the Today Show.  They show the weather every 15 minutes it seems and each day I wait for Brett Anthony to tell us that the heat streak is going to end.  I'm still waiting...

So, to beat the heat I have been researching many indoor children's activities.  This past weekend we went to the convention center for the Midwest Kid's Fest.  Not gonna sugar-coat it, it wasn't that great.  We probably won't be going back next year.  However, we did manage to spend a large chunk of time there and found some fun for Reegan.  In addition to going on the inflatable slide 20 million times, she got her face painted.  This was the first time and she was so cute sitting so still for the lady.  And afterwards she loved looking at herself in the mirror.  We opted for a smallish flower instead of the entire face.


 They also had a booth where the kids could make a little bracelet. 
 And this was the "petting zoo".  A couple of birds to hold.  I am not a fan of birds, I have been pooped on twice by birds and therefore I am fine to stay far away from them. 
 We also met some friends.  Reegan does not like life-sized anything.  Easter bunny, Santa, or any other characters.  Elmo and Pooh were no exception.  Sister is getting braver and did give them both high-fives by the time our day was over.  She's also got some good eyes, she could spot those bright colored suits from a long distance and wanted to get a good look at them..without getting too close. 
This weather has to break at some point and I am more than ready.  I thought having a baby in the summer would allow for many strolls around the neighborhood.  I've struck out both babies so far, the day we came home with Reegan there was a big snow storm, now record heat.  I can't win :)

No comments: